Monday, February 7, 2011

Class Cancelled Today 2/7

Hi All,

I'm sorry about canceling today so suddenly; my car broke down out by the airport and I didn't manage to get a tow and make it to class in time. (That's why I always tell y'all to let me know if you have trouble or something keeps you from making it to class - because this stuff happens to me too!)

Here's the plan for Wednesday: I'd still like to try to get rough drafts done in class, so I'll plan to use the first 15-20 minutes for us to write an essay together as a class. That way you can get warmed up and see how the narrative structure works. That will give us 55 min to an hour to rough draft. Hopefully that will give you time to get through everything, but if you end up not making it all the way through your essay, it's okay. We'll work with whatever you complete. You aren't given a letter grade on roughs; the points for doing them are folded into the grade for the final essay. So having an unfinished rough won't make your score any lower.

To help you keep your thoughts together, I'd suggest making a brief outline of what you want to say sometime between now and Wednesday. It will allow you to utilize the whole hour for writing rather than having to spend part of it scrambling for ideas.

If you have any questions, I'll be at PJ's before class Wed from about 11:30-12:20. Or you can email me at my olol address or at sharon.tohline@gmail.com. Or just leave your question here as a comment on the post.

See you all Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment